Wonder International Hospitals is a duly registered private enterprise strategically formed to empower health care delivery, assuring the patients that specialists, diagnostic and therapeutic tools will be made available to them for the first time in Ghana and the West Africa sub region, improving their health and saving the life of millions of people.
It was registered in Ghana on 20th February, 2014 at the Registrar-General's Department in Accra with the registration number BN587612014.
This proposal seeks to achieve extraordinary improvements in human health by providing all the specialties and specialists, all the latest equipment, a complete clinical and pathology laboratory, image diagnostic services, Critical Care Units for different purposes and a well-supplied pharmacy.
With your collaboration, we seek to provide quality healthcare that will make a difference by improving the health of the people of Ghana and Africa at large.
As the experience becomes successful in Ghana we will extend our tentacles to disseminate to the entire continent of Africa where except for South Africa, health care delivery in general, including hospitals and diagnostic tests operates at the lowest levels in the world. The payment capacity of individuals in most African countries is on the rise as most economies develop to enter the lower middle class range. African economies are among the fastest growing in the world. Today the continent is poised to transform the global economic landscape. Annual growth is expected to average 7% over the next 20 years.
We are proposing to your organization to have a joint venture with us to help solve the deficiencies in health care delivery not only in Ghana but also in Africa as a whole.
With this collaboration your organization will leave a legacy and ever be remembered in the annals of history for the good they have done to elevate the quality of health care in Ghana and Africa as a whole.
The Board of Directors of the Wonder International Hospitals, led by Dr. Emmanuel Yao Voado, MD., the Founder, with the astute collaboration with your organization, will select the Management Committee that will see to the day to day administration of the hospital.
The hospital will be located in the heart of Accra, the capital of Ghana with 100 beds.
To support the global health movement by effectively addressing global and regional issues, through, our advocacy work, collecting and providing information and knowledge on medical science and good health and through innovative services and tools that help in curbing poor health, offering information on healthcare or referral information for health-related issues.
• To reduce remarkably the flock of patients abroad.
• To reduce the loss of life of patients including that of foreigners in cases of emergency conditions which at the moment do not have treatment within the borders of Ghana.
• To provide the foreigners, tourists, the diplomatic corps, the corporate bodies with an option for excellent health care within Ghana.
• To train health and allied health human resources to help close the gap of deficit we currently have in the country.
• To have sister hospitals registered in other countries
The philosophy of Wonder International Hospitals is based on the reality that every human being is a unique individual and that we all have a right to good health and should access means to a comfortable life in one way or another.
At the Wonder International Hospitals, we are committed to respecting the following principles:
1. As coalition builders, we will work co-operatively with all individuals and groups, with/for profit and not for profit corporations and organizations, and with governments and international bodies committed to the fight to extend health to the needy, subject only to the policies and priorities set by our governing bodies.
2. We undertake to be open, honest, and accountable in our relationships with everyone we work with and with each other. We endeavor to perform our duties honestly, faithfully and efficiently, respecting the rights of National Branches and of our colleagues.
3. We will be politically non-partisan and non-sectarian in our work.
4. We will treat and cure vigorously and courageously wherever sickness has been reliably identified.
5. The decisions we take will be based on sound, objective and professional analysis and high standards of medical research.
6. We will only accept funding that does not compromise our ability to address issues freely, thoroughly, and objectively.
7. We will provide accurate and timely reports of our activities to our stakeholders.
8. We will respect and encourage respect for fundamental human rights and freedoms.
9. We are committed to building, working with and working through national branches worldwide.
10. In our operations and recruitment policies, we will strive to create equal opportunities for all, and achieve balanced and diverse representation with respect to gender and religion, as the diversity of the movement we serve requires.